Thursday, December 17, 2015

Artist Spotlight - Sky Imaginings

Typing with cold hands is no fun. Luckily one of the talents of the artisan behind Sky Imaginings is crochet and she makes nice fingerless gloves that warm your hands while leaving you the dexterity you need to do tasks requiring fine motor skills.

I bought my first pair of fingerless gloves from her two years ago. Since I usually have layered long sleeves on during the winter I opted for a shorter style that just covered my wrists. This year I realized that fingerless gloves might also come in handy when I volunteer at the Arlington Museum of Art. As with many large buildings, this one is often a bit cooler than I like since I am rather cold natured and I thought a longer pair that came up over arm hugging long sleeves would help keep me warmer. I knew Sky Imaginings would be at Happy Holidays Gift Market this past weekend so I checked out her current selections at her booth. She had a nice pair of navy, slightly longer fingerless gloves that looked like they would do the trick and "fit like a glove" to boot so they had to come home with me.

She has many other crochet creations available. A friend ordered a cute custom cap for a new addition to her extended family. If you are looking for something out of the ordinary, don't hesitate to ask if this artisan can make it for you.

I also purchased a hand painted shirt from a local henna artist. There will be more on that in a future Artist Spotlight.

No comments:

Post a Comment