Thursday, August 30, 2012

Announcing Photographic Art Purse Hangers from EDCCollective

While I was purchasing some new supplies for a custom order earlier this summer, that I hope to share with you next month, I found “backbones” for customizable purse hangers from one of my suppliers. I was also ordering a variety of glass cabochons and paper punches for this custom order from other suppliers, so I looked to see if I could find a properly sized punch and glass cab for the purse hanger backbones too. It took a bit of searching, but I finally found all of the sizes of supplies and tools that I needed for my custom order and my prototype for what I hoped would become a new product line for my EDCCollective shop.

I suspected that some of my photographic art would look good mounted under the glass cabochons that I intended to top the purse hangers with. This hunch was based on working with my graphics that I use to make my flying pig and music cufflinks for my EclecticSkeptic shop. After working with several of my photographic art images, I found out how tight I should crop the images to look their best under the glass cabs. I came up with six floral photographic art images that I liked and made two of them up, a daylily and a water lily. When completely assembled, I was even more pleased with the way my artwork looked than when the purse hangers were just mocked up.

I have just recently listed my daylily photographic art purse hanger. It is a functional and pretty piece of art to carry with you in your purse. It folds flat for easy storage and is easily employed to keep your purse at hand but off the floor. I had purchased a similar purse hanger years ago and love to be able to go to a restaurant, grab my purse hanger from my bag and hang it and my bag from the table. No more germs from the floor in contact with my purse, no more hoping that the chair will allow me to hang my purse from it without it slipping off. These things are great!

I was telling a friend of mine about my new product and now I need to put together a purse hanger for her with one of my photographic art sunflower images. While I’m doing that, I think I will also make one with my Mother’s Day rose image as well as my daffodil image. Please contact me if you have a favorite flower that you would like to have on your purse hanger. If I have an appropriate image to use, I’d be happy to customize one for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment