Saturday, February 15, 2014

Waterlily Wave Pattern in AVAA 2014 Regional Show

My waterlily image “Blue Reflections” was my first photographic art image that I had printed on metal. It was well received (and purchased, yay!) at the 2013 Happy Holidays Gift Store. I made an abstract image, “Waterlily Wave Pattern”, from “Blue Reflections” and decided to have it printed on a slightly smaller, 11x14, piece of metal. I liked how the surface of the metal gave a clean, contemporary look to the abstract and decided to enter it in the 2014 AVAA Regional Juried Show.

I should mention here that in the first AVAA show that I entered, in 2012, my Gulf Fritillary entry received a merit award but my entry in 2013 was not hung in the show, so I was hoping this year’s entry would make it in. I went to the reception and awards ceremony last night for the 2014 show. I was pleased to see my “Waterlily Wave Pattern” hanging on the wall.

If you are in the area and would like to see some great artwork from artists from around the region in a variety of media, stop by the Bob Duncan Center in Vandergriff Park in Arlington, TX. The artwork is hung in the north/south hall on the west side of the Center and in the large room on the west side of that hall. My entry is in the large room at the north end of the west wall. The show will be up through March 28, 2014 and then the winners will be moved to the Arlington Museum of Art to be displayed during April and May.

No comments:

Post a Comment