Wednesday, October 16, 2013

New Photographic Art Images by EclecticDesignChoices

A couple of the new images that I took this summer really grabbed my attention and I knew I wanted to blow them up and put them on something other than just paper. I have printed a few photos to canvas previously, which has given me an opportunity to start to develop an understanding of what images are likely to look great printed on gallery wrapped canvases. One of my new dragonfly images seemed to scream, put me on canvas, so I did.

There is another substrate that I have never had my images printed on before

that I thought would be perfect for one of my new waterlily photos. I have seen some images printed on metal and I thought the reflectiveness of the material would lend itself nicely to one of these images. After working with a few of the waterlilies and their reflections I picked one for my first image to be printed on metal. I was very pleased with the results when I received it.

Both of these works will be available in the Happy Holidays Gift Store that will be a part of the Arlington Museum of Art’s Mitch Wilson Memorial Festival of Trees Exhibit from Nov. 1 – Dec. 29, 2013. I will have a couple of different sizes of matted prints on paper of these images as well. Come out and see them in person if you have the chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment