Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Artist Spotlight - Purchasing Other Artist’s Work

I’m going to run out of wall space, that is all there is to it. I could probably do that just by hanging my photographic art and paintings but there are so many other incredible artists out there that I limit what I hang of my work. I have already added two other artist’s work to my collection this year.

While following some links on Etsy earlier this year, I came across the work of Dana Lysons and fell in love with her work titled “Little Wings” of a Pegasus foal. My husband liked it so much that it now hangs above his desk. You can find Dana’s work in her Etsy shop, DLysons, or on her website, Dayna Creations. Equines are her main subjects but her artistic talents are not limited to drawing horses. In addition to her original drawings and prints, she also accepts commissions for fine art pet portraits.

A couple of weeks ago, as my husband and I strolled through the new arts festival in Arlington, TX, Art on the Greene, we were especially impressed at the digital photographic art of Kathy Besthorn. There were many amazing artists at this festival but possibly because I also create photographic art, I was really drawn to this artist’s work. I purchased an 11x14 print of her collage “Airy Brilliancy”. Her signed and numbered work is also available framed, printed on aluminum and as gallery wrapped canvases. If you missed Kathy at Art on the Greene, you are in luck as she will travel to DFW from Kansas again this weekend. She will be at the Deep Ellum Arts Festival from Friday, April 6 – Sunday, April 8, 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment