Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Photographic Art Gallery Wrapped Canvases Added to EDCCollective Etsy Shop

I have listed many of my photographic art note cards, bookmarks, matted prints and more in both of my Etsy shops, EDCCollective and EclecticSkeptic, for quite some time. However, until last week I had never listed any of my ready to hang pieces of photographic art in either Etsy shop. I have only sold my gallery wrapped canvases, prints on metal and acrylic, or matted and framed photographic art in person at shows or on consignment in brick and mortar locations. The larger size and higher price points made me hesitate. I decided to go ahead and give it a try last week and utilize the variations option in a listing to give customers a choice from five different images. (There are five listing photos, so this seemed like the appropriate number of options to offer.)

I chose gallery wrapped canvases for my first listing of ready to hang photographic art pieces on Etsy. They are lightweight and I believe they will be easier and less expensive to pack and ship than the other types of ready to hang pieces that I carry.

I do not have the printer needed to print on canvas at home so I have these images printed for me. This means that I had to get manufacturing assistance approval from Etsy just like I did on my boxed card sets that I started offering last year. I inspect each canvas and add a wire for hanging before listing an image in my EDCCollective shop. I do have more than five images that have been printed to canvas over the past few years. A couple of those are in stock too and the others may be able to be reprinted if you are interested in them. All of my potentially available ready to hang photographic art pieces can be seen in my facebook photo album. I would be happy to make a custom listing on Etsy for you if you see one that you want (canvas, metal, etc.) that is not listed, if it is available or is capable of being reprinted.

No comments:

Post a Comment