Friday, May 13, 2011

Design This – Unique Peacock Feather Earrings

I love to get messages from previous customers asking if I can make ….. . I received one earlier this year from a customer that I have done several custom pieces for. I enjoy designing for her, she has a gorgeous style that really works for her that I like to refer to as elegantly funky. She likes her jewelry and accessories to be unique and one of a kind.

The request from her this time came in the form of an e-mail stating that she had been holding one of the custom peacock feather pins that I had made up to her ear and wondering if I could make a peacock feather earring for her. Since I know that one of her signature bits of style is to wear mismatched custom earrings such as this pair of moon and star earrings that I designed for her last year, I realized that she might have actually meant just one earring, but I thought I had better verify this. It turns out that she was thinking of just one feather earring but with a coordinating small stud for the other ear and she wanted the earrings to be silver in color.

Guided by this input, I mocked up a pair of earrings for her to look at. I selected silver plated shell style posts that I could hang the feather or a short dangle of crystals from. Then I chose a peacock feather to trim for the one earring that would be adorned by a coordinating dark AB coated Czech glass bead and suggested a stack of three of the same Czech glass beads for a short dangle from the other post. After receiving a thumbs up on the design, I assembled her new custom mismatched peacock feather earrings.

If you are interested in having your own custom piece made but only have an inkling of what you want, a good place to start for inspiration is by browsing my photo albums on my facebook business fan page.

No comments:

Post a Comment